As the world deals with the spread of COVID-19, also known as coronavirus, it’s important to focus on maintaining the health and safety of our community. Businesses everywhere in East Texas are closing their doors, thousands of employees are facing reduced hours or layoffs, and there is a sense of uncertainty in the air about the future. However, if we stick together as a community and act intelligently, we can make it through this difficult time.
At the Grant & Flanery Law Firm, we recognize the unprecedented nature of the current situation the world faces. We will continue doing everything in our power to spread information to our clients, our website visitors, and our East Texas communities to prevent further complications of the coronavirus pandemic.
Contracting the coronavirus can be life-threatening, and there is currently no vaccine available to prevent it. That’s why reducing your risk of exposure to the virus, as well as minimizing the chance of spreading the virus within our community in East Texas, is of the utmost importance.
Here are some of the most common health and safety tips for COVID-19:
· Check your temperature regularly and avoiding touching your face.
· Clean and disinfect your home and frequently used objects.
· Wear gloves and masks when you go out in public.
· Cover your mouth during coughs and sneezes.
· Monitor your ability to taste and smell – the loss of which are potential symptoms for COVID-19.
· Avoid public spaces as much as possible except when absolutely necessary (groceries, medical emergencies, work).
· Regularly clean your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
· Maintain a distance of 6 feet from others when out in public.
· Stay home if you feel sick, and keep your children home if they feel sick.
· Contact your medical provider if you have tested positive for COVID-19.
The COVID-19 situation is still developing worldwide, and new information about the virus comes to light every day. We recommend following the news and guidelines established by state and local officials. Social distancing policies and shelter-at-home guidelines are incredibly important to follow and help to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus – therefore, the staff at Grant & Flanery both practice and recommend these steps to our clients and friends.
For more information on the novel coronavirus and how you can keep yourself and your family safe and healthy, check out the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website: CDC.gov
If you have questions or concerns regarding an ongoing case or would like to request a consultation for a case involving personal injury, auto accidents, wrongful death, medical malpractice, defective products, or a wide range of other categories, contact the East Texas attorneys at the Grant & Flanery Law Firm.